Welcome to the SOLWAY Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
Our branch area extends from the Scottish border in the north, east to the Cumbria/Northumberland border near Nenthead, down to Penrith, along the A66 to Mungrisedale, before going north through the northern fells to Ireby and out to the Solway coast at Silloth.
If you live within our area and have an appreciation for Real Ale then you will be more than welcome at any of your meetings or socials. Branch Diary
Existing CAMRA members can access Branch Meeting minutes in the Members' Area, using their CAMRA membership number and the same password that they use to log onto the National CAMRA website.The branch AGM took place in Carlisle on- Monday 24th June 2013.The Chairman's report and other information can be found here.
Next Branch Meeting - 28 April 2014 Redfern Inn, starting at 8pm
Congratulations to all at the Fetherston Arms, Kirkoswald for winning our 2014 Pub of the Year award - see our Awards page for more details.
'The Fethers' has deservedly won our 2014 Pub of the Year. The Fetherston Arms won our Pub of the Season in Spring 2012 and has now won our top award. The pub is a regular entry in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.
The pub has extended it's opening hours from the beginning of this month and is now open all day, except Monday, when it opens at 4pm. Locally sourced food is available every day, except Monday.
Pub of the Season - Winter 2013 - The Royal Oak, Curthwaite.
Congratulations to Kez, Dave,staff at regulars of the Royal Oak on winning our pub of the season award. The Royal Oak is a very popular, traditional country inn situated in the village of Curthwaite seven and a half miles south west of Carlisle and less than a mile south of Thursby which is served by regular bus services. The Royal Oak is a friendly, welcoming pub with a well-deserved reputation for excellent food. Food is served in the bar and a separate restaurant. The emphasis for food (and real ale) is very much on local produce. This excellent, CAMRA Good Beer Guide listed, pub features three changing real ales. These are usually sourced from local breweries including Cumberland, Eden, Geltsdale, Hesket Newmarket and Jennings. As well as very good real ale, our members have also been impressed with the service, welcome and atmosphere at the Royal Oak. The Royal Oak is open 12-2 and 5-11 except Sunday when it closes at 10.30.
National CAMRA News
- CAMRA thanks MPs for another Budget Success
Representatives from across the beer and pub sector came together on Tuesday to celebrate Chancellor George Osborne cutting beer duty for a second year running and freezing cider duty at
- Scottish Parliamentary Reception a success
CAMRA’s annual Scottish Reception was a huge success as over 50 MSPs, CAMRA volunteers and industry representatives came together to celebrate and campaign for real ale in Scotland. The reception
- Time to raise a glass to the Chancellor as beer duty is cut for second year running
CAMRA is celebrating after Chancellor George Osborne today announced during the 2014 Budget that beer duty will be cut by 1p for a second year running. Thanks to the incredible
- CAMRA's annual Parliamentary Reception is a success
Created with flickr slideshow. CAMRA's annual 2014 parliamentary reception again proved a great success as over 100 MPs, Peers, and CAMRA volunteers came together to celebrate and campaign for
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Thursday, 20:19 : Great British Beer Festival 2014 - tickets now on sale: gbbf.org.uk #camra_official #gbbf
- Wednesday, 14:08 : RT @TonyJerome: CAMRA is looking for a new Senior Marketing Manager - if you are interested then please visit bit.ly/1hJbVMA #camra_official
- Wednesday 9th April, 16:08 : RT @thomasbrake: Promoting a fairer deal for locals with Rodger, licensee and director of my constituency office's local, The Hope. http://pic.twitter.com/vGOfZNTTEF
- Wednesday 9th April, 14:20 : RT @carolinenokes: Supporting @FairDeal4Locals in Westminster today with Judith from The Crown in King's Somborne pic.twitter.com/eV8PNIwjK0
- Wednesday 9th April, 12:16 : New Job Opportunity: CAMRA Campaigns team is seeking a planning professional to join the fight to protect pubs - camra.org.uk/planningadvisor